Weir Minerals Europe is part of the FTSE Weir Group, and has its headquarters in Todmorden, UK.
Established more than 140 years ago, the Todmorden foundry has been pouring for 125 years, producing internationally renowned, wear-resistant engineered products for the mining, quarrying and wastewater sectors.
Weir Minerals Europe has a large range of established, trusted brands, including Warman®, Cavex®, GEHO® and Trio®.
• Assist with the European launch of the company’s latest product, the 2nd generation Warman® WGR® pump, in target markets
• Work closely with the Weir Minerals Europe marketing team to plan a launch event at the company’s facility at Yateley, Hampshire, where the new pump is being produced
• Secure coverage of the event in target media
• Communicate the benefits of the new pump
• Adhere to Weir brand guidelines throughout
• Develop a quintessentially British theme for the launch event
• Write and circulate a press release to key print and online trade media
• Secure and write feature editorials outlining the key benefits of using the new product in key print and online trade media
• Invite key dignitaries, including editors and trade body representatives, to the launch event and accompany them on a tour of the facility
• Dozens of invitees attended the launch day, including the Mayor of Yateley and also editors of international mining publications, who were Tweeting live from the event
• Features were secured and published in target online and print media
• Press release was given coverage in key online and print media
• The new product has now enjoyed a global launch across key markets
• Reached a print audience of more than 135,000
• Reached a Twitter audience of more than 71,000
• Reached a LinkedIn audience of around 30,000