Incorporating visual content into your business’s content strategy has become increasingly important in 2017.
Though this may seem like a simple task, it’s important to keep in mind that your content must engage your target audiences, fit with brand guidelines and seamlessly integrate your key messages.
You should consider these factors as they will aid you in developing an effective visual content strategy, which can benefit your business in a number of ways.
It has been proven that an effective visual content strategy can deliver higher levels of engagement, as it is processed 60,000 times faster than written content.
In B2B as much as your audience value content, sometimes showing can be better than telling i.e. an infographic can condense a vast amount of information down into a single image.
Furthermore, interactive media such as; videos, images, GIFs and infographics, can portray your key messages across to target audiences in an engaging way, and help build your brand personality.
Find success on social media
The key to success on social media is through visual content!
On Twitter, tweets with a GIF, image or video receive 89% more favourites and 150% more retweets. Whilst Facebook posts with images receive 2.3 times more engagement, than those with images. Proving that visual content plays a big role in engaging audiences to interact with social media content.
By putting certain factors in place your visual content on social media can drive traffic to your site:
• Consistently provide your audience with quality interactive media
• Have a call to action, allowing audiences to click through to your website easily
• Don’t demand or ask, offer your audience something of value
• Tailor content to specific audience e.g. an infographic may work well with an engineer, compared to a video for a managing director
The influence of video
Video marketing has become one of the most effective forms of interactive media for B2B businesses in 2017. It has several benefits:
• It improves SEO; uploading videos to YouTube can improve search engine rankings
• Builds trust; B2B audiences tend to utilise video as a purchasing guide
• Landing page videos can increase consumer confidence and conversions
Audio-visual content can also improve the effectiveness of other marketing techniques, for example mentioning the word “video” in an email subject line has been found to boost open rates by 19% and click through rates by 65%.
Here at Shrewdd we have over 14 years’ experience in developing visual content for companies, targeted at regional, national and international audiences.
Take a look at our previous work & don’t forget to follow us on social media!3 ways visual content can improve your B2B business